Saturday, November 12, 2005

Success!

I haven't been blogging for the last couple of days because I have been spending ALL my time getting the Gi-Normous Tree up and ready. I am please to say that I have achieved Stage 1, Phase 1 success. The tree is so large that I can see it all the way down the street - way down the street and it doesn't even have the star on top yet. All my neighbors came out last night and were commenting how nice it looked. One of the girls on the soccer team that I coach lives down the street and she called light night telling us that she could see the tree from her house.

Details:
The pole is up and reinforced. The lights are installed and tethered from the top.I had to reinforce the 10' sections of 1" conduit with a 10' section of 2" PVC schedule 40. I did this because at the union of the two sections it did not look stable enough for my liking. I slid the PVC over the pole and duck tapped it in place. Worked like a charm.

I also went ahead and bought dog stakes for the ground. My front yard is pretty much sand under our landscaping so I needed something that would hold. The cork-screw action of the stakes worked perfectly.

I took some early morning pictures (because I am a dork and forgot to take some night time shots) and posted them.

I am also working on our christmas arches that will be over the driveway.

Cheers!

-daniel

No comments: