Friday, December 02, 2005

Progress!

I spent the last few days trying to be more proactive in my approach to my decorations. To recap:

On Tuesday, Paul the Electrician came by and installed two new 20 amp circuits to my electrical box. He also installed two 4-outlet boxes below the electrical box with weather proof covers. This setup will allow me to run all my Christmas lights to these outlets and turn them off at the panel. No more worries about tripping a circuit if my wife decides to blow dry her hair! LOL!

On Wednesday and Thursday night, I set up my three animated reighndeers and sleigh. I placed them along the North side of the house in a configuration that makes it look like Santa has just parked his sleigh to deliver some toys. The reighndeer are attached together with two 18-foot lengths of blue rope light. The blue rope light represents the reigns for the sleigh. I also setup my SnowMan plywood cut-out. The SnowMan is wrapped with a blue ropelight and I also put an accent light in front of him so you can see the details. I put my animated drummer boy and one of my rope light Christmas trees on the North side of the yard as well. Oh, I also hung my Gi-Normous star that I built (you member? the star was soo big that it caused the Gi-Normous Tree v1.0 to buckle) on our Yucca tree. It looks pretty cool.

The yard is looking great! Now I need to start on the outdoor house decorations. I think I will go ahead and put the icicle lights like I had them last year. I also need to decorate the front patio area.

So all in all there is still a lot of work to do this weekend, but I am confident that I can have it all done by Saturday evening!

I will post more pictures on Saturday!

No comments: