Monday, November 06, 2006

39% Gone! Dead! Hasta La Vista!

I just got back from another trip to the Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale, AZ and got some more Good news/Bad news.

The Good news:
1. The new blood clot that had formed in my Left Ventrical is now gone.

That is it for the Good news....

The Bad news:
1. I still have heart failure. My heart pumping function is still at 40%. No change there. However, they did prescribe a couple of meds that they think can help increase the efficiency a little bit more. The bad part is that the meds they put me on really make me feel ill so far. I feel dizzy all the time and I get really tired in the evenings. Hopefully, as time rolls on, I will be able to tolerate the meds a little better.
2. One of the test they had me perform was a Nuclear Dye Stress Test so they could map out my heart and get a clear picture everything. After it was all over, I was told that 39% of my heart is dead....gone.....not coming back.....

They said that the damage from my heart attack back in October of 1998 was so severe that 39% of my heart is gone.

I think I need to go and buy a lottery ticket......39, 40, etc....

4 comments:

CC said...

Daniel -

I'm glad to hear there was some good news, but also sorry to hear about the bad news. I'm having a difficult time understanding what it all means for you and your health, but I'm hoping that you and your family are doing well. As usual, let us know if you need anything.

Take care of yourself and get better, because not having you and your family at Carnival of Souls 2006 was like having a hole in Halloween, man. We want to see you there next year, okay?

Daniel Lopez said...

CC,

Good to hear from you too. I am glad the CoS went well. I too missed being a part of it this year. I still want to build a big Pirate ship! Maybe next year.

I am just about to get started on my Christmas display for this year.

Cheers,

daniel

Anonymous said...

Thank you for you comment but my problems are not even close to yours. I hope things are better on your end.

Barbara said...

Daniel, What's the news? Did you get your holiday display up? We're anxious to hear of your health, and of the brightest display that side of the interstate...