Sunday, June 11, 2006

Randy - the All-Star

We traveled to Silver City on Saturday to watch my Nephew, Randy Paul Chavez, play in the Class A/AA North-South All-Star Football game. It was a pretty good game with the South being victorious with a 21 to 20 win. We had a good time. Here is a link to the article on the game: http://www.scsun-news.com/sports/ci_3924193

Randy is in the Gold helmet playing Center ready to snap the ball. It was such a blast watching him play. Since we live so far away, I have not seen him play football this year. He did great and was instrumental in helping the South achieve victory.

Here is another picture of Randy that Chris (Randy's older Brother was able to get). I believe this in when the South just scored it's second Touchdown. I can almost hear the Blast from the Canon and the Jal Fight Song playing in the background!!!!!

Randy wears #65 and carries on a proud tradition in the family. I wore #65 when I played football in High School and Middle School. My Dad wore #65 when he played football (back in the 70s). My daughter Genesis wears #65 while she plays soccer. My son Jacob will wear #65 when he starts playing Flag Football in the Fall. The Tradition continues....

Great Job Randy! We are all very proud of you!

- Your Uncle - Danny

No comments: