Sunday, May 28, 2006

Stroke

On May18th I suffered a stoke to the right side of my brain. I spent the week in the hospital where they conducted countless tests. The doctors could not find a reason for me having a stroke. they did say that in 20% of all stroke cases, the cause is never known. I wish I could go into more detail, but it is very difficult to type. I have to really focus just to get my hands to hit the right keys. I used to be able to type approx. 120wpm, now I have a hard time typing a couple of sentences. But, I am getting a little faster every day. I think that with more practice and time, I will be able to light up the keboard again.

I am just happy to be home and be around my family.

I do want to thank all my friends and family for all the prayers and well-wishes during this ordeal.

All is well

-daniel

4 comments:

Deathtouch said...

Daniel,

I certainly hope you feel better soon. All my prayers go out to you and your family.

Mark

Daniel Lopez said...

thank you Mark. I am feeling a lot better....

thanks,

-daniel

CC said...

Daniel, I'm so sorry to hear about this. Let me know if we can do anything for you and your family. If you need some pre-made dinners to heat up, or if you need us to take the kids for a while, or whatever, just let us know. Get feeling better, man.

Daniel Lopez said...

Hey CC!
THANKS for the well-wishes. I got a message from Barb on my phone. Thanks again for all the offers. I will talk with you all soon. stay in touch...

thanks,

daniel