Thursday, November 03, 2005

Christmas 2005 - Let the Madness Begin


So I have been racking my brain trying to come up with a plan for my christmas yard decorations. I found the site PlanetChristmas.com and they have a bunch of cool ideas and links to vendors.

I bought a few LED light sets last year, and I was intrigued by the miniscule amount of electricity that they draw. I decided to go ahead and try to incorporate more LED into my displays, therefore I purchased 12 units of C6 LED multi-color lights from AnimatedLighting.com yesterday. The lights are 70 count and span 23 feet each. I should receive them in a week and I plan on using them to construct my monster christmas tree.

Today, I ordered a Santa Inflatable from Wal-Mart.com. It will fit perfectly on the flat roof above my garage.

I am also looking at designing several wire frames to make stars and possibly and igloo. I would also like to incorporate some penguins and polar bears, but I do not know how much time I will have to complete all these tasks.

One idea I have is to create an army of toy soldiers (6 or so) to line my driveway. I made several chrismas cutouts out of plywood a couple of years ago and they work great. I will probably use this technique to create the toy soldiers.

No comments: